The question of refugees is one of the problems posed by the capitalist social order against humanity in the imperialist era.
Forcing the people to leave their homeland is completely a tragedy. However, the people of Turkey know very well what the fight for bread in foreign lands means.
Back in the 1960s, the shameless authorities of Turkey and the bosses marketed our poor workers to the imperialist centers as cheap labor force; as our citizens, who moved from their villages to Germany and the other European countries, fostered the imperialist economy, they were compelled to leave their homeland.
It is not strange at all in our country what happened to the people who were forced to migrate amidst wars and regional conflicts; in brief, the conflicts among the hegemonic classes. Our history was written over the accounts of such people who were exiled around the regions during the collapse of the Ottoman Empire when wars and invasions were waged or when the forces left the occupied territories. It is impossible to forget what the people experienced when they were forced to migrate as their villages were evacuated in late history.
That said, the people of our country are compelled again to direct their anger at the refugees while the same anger should be directed towards the imperialists, the tyrannic hegemonic forces and the capitalist class.
The Communist Party of Turkey calls on our people to see the truths and to struggle against xenophobia that is a wrong stance when humane terms and objective realities are considered
1. Having persecuted millions of people with its bloody policies in Syria while leading millions of them to leave their homeland, the rule of AKP is now abusing the refugees and migrants so as to overcome the political blockage that it experiences today. “Getting the upper hand by creating a humanitarian crisis” is an inhumane and irrational policy. This is what exactly is taking place today around the borders with Greece.
2. In parallel with these pathetic and inhumane implementations, it is apparent that anti-refugee sentiments are provoked. This is the falsification of the truth.
The treacherous forces are under the legal protection of the government as they are paid by the taxes of our people in return for working as the agents of the provoking role of the AKP government in Syria. Today, the question of refugees includes the Syrians, most of whom are forced to work in inhumane conditions as cheap labor force.
We are calling on our working people to look for the real enemy not among the victimized working people but around those who have led to the current conditions.
3. The Communist Party of Turkey declares solidarity with the millions of Syrian workers who have taken refuge in our country.
4. The permanent and essential solution of the question of refugees is apparent: The humanitarian crisis in Syria must be ended, the obstacles preventing Syria from recovering on the basis of its own wealth and human sources must be removed. The provokers, the religious terrorists and the occupying powers must leave Syria.
5. The AKP government, which is leading these people to Europe as it had cheated them with the discourse of “religious fellows”, and the Greek government, which is attacking the refugees with plastic bullets, tear gas canisters and even real bullets, share the responsibility of this humanitarian drama.
6. The refugees must be enabled to return to their country when Syria recovers again. Until the refugees are enabled to return to their country, they will continue to fight to live as part of our working class. It is for the interest of our people to see these truths, and to act in solidarity with the Syrian migrant workers as they are forced to work in severe conditions as a competitive labor force. The opposite is not only dishonorable but also irrational.
7. The Communist Party of Turkey will intervene against this humanitarian drama along the Greek border by any means it can. We are calling our working people to support us while we are organizing this assistance and solidarity.
The Central Committee of the Communist Party of Turkey